Want to use latest version of tally for your business. Get it here !
How To Generate E-Way Bill through Tally?
An e-Way bill generation has become mandatory for an inter-state transport of goods within India where the value consignment is above Rs.50,000. The e-Way bill should be generated not only for the movement of goods but also other reasons like purchase from an unregistered person, inter-branch transfer, sales return and transfer because of job work.
Tally.ERP 9 supports the latest e-Way bill JSON Preparation Tool, as per version 1.0.0219. In Tally.ERP 9 you can enter the e-Way Bill details only when transactions are related with Goods . The provision to enter e-Way Bill details is not available in accounting invoice mode and in companies enabled to Maintain only accounts. In Tally.ERP 9 you can set up a company, record transactions with e-Way Bill details and create JSON file in tally for uploading it on portal.
Following are steps to generate and export e-Way bill details from Tally in a JSON file format :
STEP 1: Step up for e-Way Bill
- Open the company and press F11 > F3. Enable Goods and Service Tax(GST) - Yes & Set / Alter GST Details - Yes.
- In Company GST Details , e-Way Bill applicable option,one needs to provide the applicable date &and the value to be considered for the threshold limit.
- The value selected for the threshold limit is based on your business requirement.
- You can also enable the option for e-Way Bill applicable for intrastate option and enter the threshold limit for the e-Way bill as applicable for your state. The threshold limit will be applied for the transactions recorded form release 6.4.6
- Regular or Composition: The GSTIN/UIN is considered as the transporter ID.
- Unknown or Unregistered: Enter the 15-digit Transporter ID.
- If the transporter ID is incorrect, the message appears as shown:
- Go to Gateway of Tally > Accounting Vouchers > F8:Sales.
- Select the party ledger, sales ledger, stock items and tax ledgers. When the invoice value is above Rs.50,000 / the specified threshold limit, the option Provide GST /e-Way Bill details appears which is set to Yes. Press Enter to view the Statutory Details page.
Note: A POS invoice is issued in the check-out counter of a shop, and the goods are generally carried by the buyer. Hence, the option provide GST/e-Way Bill details will not appear in a POS invoice. If the supplier agrees to deliver the goods and the transaction value exceeds the threshold limit of e-Way Bill, you can enter the transport details from e-Way Bill reports.
- In Statutory details page, enter the mandatory details required for generating the e-Way Bill.
-Enable consolidated e-Way Bill details - enter the details required for generating a consolidated e-Way Bill.
-Show state name for Dispatch From and Ship To - select the state name under Dispatch From and Ship To sections.
-Show consignor details - update your company address details.
-Provide relevant details in fields which are marked with asterisk. Once provided with details, the colour of asterisk sign will turn to black. For example:
- -For transport by Road, you can either enter the date and Vehicle number or Date and Transporter
- -For transport by Rail/ Air/ Ship, you have to enter the Date along with either the Doc.No., Landing No., RR No., or AirWay No.